the 7th harry potter book was released july 21st 2007 that is exactly 7 years ago today
today’s the day to make a horcrux y’all
Anything that isn’t YA. ;D
- Old Kingdom/Abhorsen series by Garth Nix
- His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- The Bartimaeus trilogy by Jonathon Stroud
- Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
I HAVE TO LEAVE BECAUSE THE LIBRARY IS CLOSING
If anyone wants to continue adding books/links to this to help me out, please do.
ps - I obv focused on fantasy/sci-fi
The Immortals Quartet by Tamora Pierce! There’s romance later, but by no means center of the plot! All of her book are great but this is one of my absolute favorites.
Similar for the Blue Sword and the Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley, and the Dragon Riders of Pern and the Harper Hall Trilogy by Anne McCaffrey.
There is romance in them, but it’s a secondary or even tertiary plot.
Also, given that the Immortals Quartet was mentioned I can’t believe no one has listed the other great Tamora Pierce books with little to no romance in them. The Protector of the Small Quartet ( some romance in the 3rd book, but it’s dealt with in an interesting way) and none of the Emelan books (Circle of Magic Quartet, the Circle Opens Quartet, and The Will of the Empress)
I’m sitting in my back yard and there is a teeny-tiny bunny in one of our clover patches only a few feet away. It’s very cute. I think it’s this years baby of the big mama rabbit we often get.
I would love for someone to draw the Forgotten Ones. Wolf drew this amazing sketch of the Woman with the Mammoth Head awhile ago, and I am so pleased with it. However, I would prefer it if we could talk about them before you started. (They are very particular about certain aspects of their appearance, and I would be remise if I let an artist create a version of them that did not match those aspects.)
As set forth by the Tumblr Pagan Collective.
1. You must provide all answers as quickly and accurately as possible. You must be a walking encyclopedia and type at the speed of light.
2. You must offer your crafts/spells/services for free. No one actually wants to pay you for your time.
3. You must never lose your temper. To do so means that you’re a hag/bitch/cunt etc.
4. You may only have an opinion if it is evaluated and approved by the Tumblr Pagan Collective. All others will be exterminated.
5. You must acknowledge that you are a BNTP, to deny it is to be ignorant and/or attention seeking.
6. Remember who made you a BNTP. All hail the Glow Cloud.
how much do you want to bet someone is going to take this seriously and be a bitch about it?
But what if you’re named a Big Name Pagan but aren’t actually Pa-ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD.
Ok wait i’m freaking out does Pennsylvania have Mexican food? Like, legit real mexican food? Is hominy and chorizo and authentic chile verde available in the grocery store? Is carne asada readily available at the buthers? I NEED TO KNOW SOMEONE PLEASE SAY THEY DO I CANT…
Yeah you’re going to need to hit up local stores in the cities, and maybe become best friends with Wegmans for all that. In a lot of grocery stores good like finding chili powder, let alone chile verde. And don’t get your hopes up for the butchers, unless you’re going small scale and local, or plan to special order.
I’m moving to a small borough I think it’s safe to say I’m probably fucked. I just hope to the gods I can at least find chorizo
I was able to find chorizo in Philly, though to be honest I have no idea if it was authentic. It was good though.
dont even think about proposing to me unless you do it with one of these
DLKALKSJ SO BEAUTIFUL I WANT
etsy find of the day 1 | 12.11.13
sterling silver antler ring by aetherdesign
another nod to wintertime? antlers. on EVERYTHING. wear your own little pair, faceted and with *just* the right amount of shine, on your hand this christmas season.